Results to Note:
- 12 out of 31 public companies have no female executive officers
- 10 out of 31 public companies have no women on their boards
- 8 out of 31 public companies have no women on their boards or serving among their executive officers
- 15 of the top 100 privately held companies in Central Ohio are headed by women
- 26 of the 61 nonprofit organizations analyzed have female chief executives
- 100% of the 61 nonprofit organizations analyzed have women serving on their boards
- 25% of area colleges and universities (nonprofit) in Central Ohio have female presidents
- Only 2 of the 12 counties in the Greater Columbus area have women serving as county commissioners
- The research in this report was compiled for organizations within each category that are headquartered in Greater Columbus from publicly available information.
- These sources included organizational websites, required SEC and IRS filings, relevant media websites, and online business and philanthropic research services and represents the most current information available as of March 2014.
- All reasonable steps have been taken to confirm the data and ensure their accuracy.
- Information only available through secondary sources that could not be confirmed through direct contact with the organization was excluded.
* Based on 49 organizations with executive officers information publicly available
** 16 females chief executives out of 107 total; some organizations name more than one CEO
*** Insufficient data available